Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Hey Valentine!

Hey Everyone, Kristy here today sharing a couple of cute and fun Valentine's projects. Valentine's is quickly upon us (It's Friday!!) and I know I'm a pro-craftinator and always wait until the last minute to throw those V-day treats together. So, I'm sharing a few quick and easy ideas with you today that should help with those last minute v-days gifts/treats. 

First, I have this super cute Valentine box. For this box, I broke the binding on the box and whipped out the {old school} Quickutz Dies. I placed the die on the front panel and ran it through my Big Shot and I did the same on the back panel as well. I then cut five 1 and 3/8 in panels to cover the top and four sides. I took two of the panels and ran them through the Big Shot with the same die as I cut the panel out with, then I adhered the panels to the outside of the box. I flipped the box over and put some Scor-tape along the edges of the heart on the front and back panel, cut a TON of twine into short strips, and then placed the twine across the heart. The front and back panel both have a twine heart. You can then place a Bath & Body Works mini candle in there, some candy, or some jewelry and then wrap some more twine around and tie it in a bow, or you can add a big fluff of twine on the time like in the picture below. 


Next, I have this super fun treat bag. I took the kraft bags from Bella Creations and stamped random heart images all over the bag. I also used the clear candy treat bags and loaded them with some yummy Valentine colored Sixlets and filled the other one with two pencils. I cut a tag out on my Silhouette using a Scraptastical Kreations SVG file, and I did a print and cut as well. I typed the sentiment out in my Silhouette program and then printed it then cut it out. I then adhered it to the background, punched two holes, and pulled some Timeless Twine Graphite Gray through one hole, wrapped it around the bag and pulled it through the other hole and tied a bow. Easy peasy! 

PS - It does say "Hey Valentine!", but the twine was being uncooperative! 

Here are the items I used for my projects today. 
You can find all of these items over at Bella Creationz

SALE - Cherry Red Bakers Twine by Timeless Twine - 1 Spool (160 Yards)

10 Kraft Natural Pinstripe Boxes 2x2x2 - Perfect for small gifts and party favors.

25 Small Brown Kraft Bags - PRINTABLE BAGS - Candy Buffet Bags

SALE - Graphite Gray Bakers Twine by Timeless Twine - 1 Spool (160 Yards)

Thanks for stopping by today!! I hope you all have a twine-tastic day!! 

Hugs, 

Kristy 



9 comments:

quilt4fun2 said...

Great job on your cute projects. The twine behind the heart cuts look fabulous! So fun to decorate the bags with stamps...pretty!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Julie Odil said...

Hey, Valentine, these are super adorable projects! Love them, both!

Brianna loeffelbein said...

Fabulous creations girl, they would be great little gift givers!!

DebC said...

Super cute projects Kristy!
Deb C

Karen (karey2005) said...

Super cute! Doesn't twine just make everything oh so cute! I really love both the box and the bag :)

Isha Gupta said...

Thanks for the wonderful ideas Kristy!

Rose said...

super duper items!!! lifting the box idea :)

Tara said...

Love, love, love the stamped bag! All those hearts and that label- super cute!

Timeless Twine said...

Sooooo FUN!!!!